Acne is one of the most common dermatological conditions seen in the outpatient setting, but with wide variability in disease presentation and an abundance of treatment options, it can often be a challenge to manage. This lecture covers disease pathophysiology, assessment, and an analysis of the best treatment options available with an emphasis on the newest medications and evidence-based data to help ease management.
In this live webinar presentation, you’ll learn more about the latest best practices in the care of patients with acne.
Additionally, we are pleased to offer a sponsored program focused on managing progressive CKD in patients with diabetes, CE-accredited programs on COVID and migraine management, as well as a bonus session featuring highly sought-after Bayer IUD information and hands-on training. Earn 3.0 CE contact hours!
Participants will have the opportunity to engage and interact with the speakers and get answers through a Q&A session directly following each of the presentations. Don’t miss this unique event!
See all NPACE events
Friday, October 29, 2021
VINDICO MEDICAL EDUCATION PARTNER PROGRAM: Migraine Management for the Nurse Practitioner: Acute and Preventive Therapies to Reduce Burden of Disease
Learning Objectives: Upon successful completion of these activities, participants should be better able to:
- Incorporate symptomatology, clinical history, and evidence-based diagnostic criteria for the timely and accurate identification of patients with episodic migraine.
- Employ the most recent clinical evidence regarding safety and efficacy of acute and preventive treatments for the management of migraine.
Patient Identification: Issues and Challenges in the Diagnosis of Migraine
Managing Migraine from the Nurse Practitioner’s Perspective: Acute and Preventive Treatments
Case Presentation: Acute/Preventive Treatment for Episodic Migraine
LIVE Question & Answer
SPONSORED PROGRAM: The Role of Dapagliflozin in Managing Progressive CKD in Patients with T2D
1. Describe the Progressive nature of CKD leading to significant morbidity and mortality.
2. Discuss the disease burden of CKD and the importance of screening and diagnosis.
3. SGTL2i as recommended part of initial therapy in patients with T2D and CKD.
4. Overview of DAPA-CKD trial and trial endpoints.
NPACE WEBINAR: ACNE Treatment Updates
DKB MED PARTNER PROGRAM: COVID-19: Keeping Up with a Moving Target – Improving Health Equity
Describe current management strategies and identify potential treatments for mild to moderate COVID-19, with a specific focus on vulnerable populations
Evaluate best practices for managing patients with COVID-19 using monoclonal antibodies and other agents, with a focus on efficacy against emerging viral variants.
Clinicians require education about treating people with COVID-19 requiring hospitalization.
Describe current management strategies and identify potential treatments for COVID-19 requiring hospitalization.
Virtual Bayer IUD Training Program
1. Reproductive Life Planning introduction. When, where, and how to have the conversation with patients. (10-15 min)
2. Bayer IUD Clinical information. Mirena, Kyleena, Skyla- what are the clinical differences? (45 min)
3. IUD placement instruction and practice (20-30 min)
4. Q&A (10-15 min)
Sponsored by: Bayer
This program is not accredited for continuing nursing education credit. However, participants will be receiving a Certificate of Completion from Bayer for their records.
Monday, October 11, 2021